My Latest Posts

A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart.

Saturday 8 June 2013

Black Sunday – Mundan at Home

My Mundan at Home

It was a relax Sunday morning and having fun as no one was in hurry to go anywhere…but was not sure that my world would come down in such a way !!!
From the day I was born there were good silky hair and dad use to give me various designer hair styles. With the time it grown and soon I was using colorful hair bands and clips and had a good collection too.  


My First hair style after birth
All these happiness were short lived as people around me started talking about my hair and it became a topic of discussion from my Grandparents to all Uncle/ Aunts around me. The only help I could see was my dad who was not ready to get this done and manage to drag this for more than a year.  

Good Girl Style


Single Choti 
Naughty-Naughty


Double Choti 
Funky Style


















Style @ Six


Finally the day came when a person was call home to get the Mundan done… at first I didn't realized what is happening as I was kept busy on my uncles laptop but later when I saw my beautiful hairs coming down…  I protested!!! but all in vain as more powerful people were around me…
The news was first broke to my grandma at Cochin by mom and the phone was on speaker, she was so excited.. I felt like she was holding her breath for sometime for this to happen. By evening the news spread all around the world!!

Story around Mundan:

Mundan  or the chudakaran is shaving of baby’s first hair. According to the religious texts a soul gets human body after experiencing 84 lakh yonis. It is said that every yoni has its influence on human birth. A child’s hairs on the head are shaven as a gesture of purification from the previous yonis. WoW!!   The child usually receives his/her first mundan in either the first year or the third year of age. A priest is called to conduct the rituals according to the traditions and a barber is called to shave off the hair..
There is a significant reason as to why the head is shaved in such an elaborate ritualistic way. According to the Hindu beliefs, the hair present at birth is supposed to represent unwanted traits from the past lives. In order to make sure that the child has no undesirable qualities of the past birth in this life, the head is shaved off to ensure a new beginning and a fresh start.

The only change my dad had done is that he decided the date and time , no priest called and no offerings in temple. And most importantly he made a promise to me that this is the last time he is going to allow any such thing to me .... Im all Happy ..Ding Ding 


My New Style Statement

1 comment:

  1. Cool Boys’ Haircuts: From Little To Teen Boys Haircut Ideas
    http://fancyhaircuts.com/cool-boys-haircuts/

    ReplyDelete